Deadline: March 11, 2020
World Nomads is sending three aspiring travel writers to explore beyond the sandy shores and crystal waters of the Caribbean. On the 14-day trip you’ll attend a workshop with NY Times contributor Tim Neville then put what you’ve learned into practice and tackle real-life travel writing assignments.
To apply, all you need to do is submit your best 700-word travel story.
- Free flights: Receive round-trip airfare from your closest international airport to the Caribbean.
- Professional mentorship: Attend a 4-day workshop with Tim Neville at a Selina hostel coworking space.
- 10-day trip: Then, go on a 10-day all-expenses-paid trip in the Caribbean with Bamba Travel.
- Travel apparel: Be outfitted with sustainable travel clothes and gear from Toad&Co.
- Portfolio review: Get feedback on your writing from Nat Geo Traveler editor at large, Norie Quintos.
- Travel insurance: As always, travel insurance for the trip provided by World Nomads.
How to apply:
- 1. Select your story theme
‘A leap into the unknown’
‘Making a local connection’
‘I didn’t expect to find’
- 2. Write a travel story
Use your chosen theme to craft a compelling story about a travel experience you’ve had in 700 words or less.
- 3. Complete the application form
Fill in your personal details so we know how to contact you should you make the shortlist.
The 3 recipients of the Scholarship, along with the shortlist of best travel stories will be published on the World Nomads website on 30 April 2020.