Deadline: February 22nd, 2020 GMT 23:59.
This is a call for the Global Focal Points (GFP) of the children and youth constituency of the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) Stakeholder Engagement Mechanism (SEM).
The United Nations Major Group for Children and Youth (UN MGCY) Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) working group is the formal children and youth constitute within the UNDRR SEM. It is an open, transparent and accountable constituency. Any young person in any capacity is welcome to engage, as well as children and youth-led /-focused entities.
More information about the membership and governance please read the UN MGCY process and proceeders.
What does a Global Focal Points GFP do:
- They are responsible for the overall facilitation of children and youth within the UNDRR SEM and related avenues of children and youth engagement in the implementation, follow-up and review of the Sendai Framework.
Who can apply to be a Global Focal Points GFP:
- You need to represent and be an official nominee of any of the UN MGCY member entities. If you belong to an organisation or any other form of entity (network, student club etc) and this entity is not a member of the UN MGCY you can easily register in the website
- You need to have the age of 29 or below at the time of application.
Why should you apply to be a Global Focal Points GFP:
- You will be able to ensure meaningful engagement of children and youth in DRR.
- You will contribute to a more resilient world, by enhanced policy implementation of the Sendai Framework
- You will gain unique skills and knowledge which no degree ever could give you. You will literally learn the real thing about international collaboration, policy and diplomacy.
- You will be part of a vibrant global team and get friends all over the world.
- You will be able to share your existing knowledge and gain a lot of new knowledge about DRR, both about amazing local DRR practice from around the world as well as more complex scientific knowledge.
- You will gain a lot of fruitful soft skills in project coordination, strategy development etcetera.
What happens after you applied:
- After the deadline of application, the selection team will review the applicants and compile a list of those who meet the application criteria.
- Parallel to this the members of the DRR working group will be invited to vote.
- The candidates and voting sheets will be shared (online) with those members who expressed to vote.
- Following this, the selection team will compile the vote and reach out to those with the highest votes and ask if they accept the position.
- If they do they will be announced as the new GFPs to the working group’s members.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org