Deadline: March 20, 2020
Kaduna State Government introduced its inaugural class of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme in June, 2018.
The programme’s objective is to develop and nurture leadership ability across Nigeria, with specific focus on the promising leaders of the future.
The one-year programme aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade.
The overall mission of the non-partisan programme, as envisioned by His Excellency, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, is in his words, “to raise the next generation of leaders who will most likely be absorbed into the Nigerian public sector having had a first-hand experience of its workings and challenges”
Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme comprises of four components, namely;
- Work Placement
- Education Programme
- Community Service
An important part of the application is the essay where you have the opportunity to demonstrate what you have accomplished and what your goals are for the future as we want to see people who have had a track record of imbibing change and are looking forward to making change as they move forward.
The most important criterion is to have a real commitment to put your new leadership skills into use to benefit your community, State and Nigeria upon the successful completion of the Fellowship.
- Age range 25-35 years (MAXIMUM AGE OF 35 WHEN THE FELLOWSHIP ENDS)
- Graduate from an accredited University
- Completed NYSC
- A salary and benefits equivalent to that of Special Assistant to the Governor.
- Accommodation: Boarding (and breakfast) is provided in a nicely furnished one-bedroom apartment for the duration of the Fellowship.
How to apply:
Prior to the specified deadline, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to submit a Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages),
- an essay (word document of 1000 words maximum),
- and two letters of recommendation.
Please note that application for admission to the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship is entirely an online process.
There are no paper forms to complete, there is no application fee or any cost to apply.